- Critically endangered Philippine Cockatoo (Cacatua haematuropygia) gets its first habitat protection on the island of Palawan in the Philippines. There's only about 1500 left in the wild.
- Donna the White Stork is found electrocuted. She was tracked by satellite for 2033 days...more than any other bird on record. Power lines are the leading cause of death in Storks.
- Virginia man rescues Red-tailed Hawk from tree.
- Bailey, a six-year-old female Eclectus in San Diego is looking for a new home.
- Officials investigate mutilated Bald Eagle found in Omaha, Nebraska. Nebraska ranks in the top 15 states in wintering populations.
- The Nature Conservancy donates 950 acres of land in New Hampshire to be used for a state forest.
- Rehabilitated Red-tailed Hawk released in Northern California. It was found by biologists working for Pacific Gas and Electric, the same company that hosts the Peregrine cam.
- Rescuers blunder by trying to save "trapped" Hornbill. Females actually seal off their own nest.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink