- Moratorium on industrial longline fishing in the Pacific gaining ground. This type of fishing is a real threat to sea birds and other marine life. Every year, longline fishing kills tens of thousands of albatross and petrels.
- Joshua, a popular male Peregrine Falcon at the University of Illinois at Chicago, may have lost his mate. They're normally monogamous, but he was recovering from being shot and she couldn't wait around.
- Ohio's Bald Eagle population growing.116 active nests have been identified so far this year.
- Bald Eagle eggs in Camden, New Jersey nest may not survive. The parents suffer from PCB contamination problems. The Department of Environmental Protection is deciding whether to give them a surrogate chick.
- Flamingos flock to Tamil Nadu's Rameshwaram island.
- Australia's duck hunters to meet protesters on opening day.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink