- Churches helping to save a critically endangered parrot by using palms from communities using sustainable forestry practices. There's only about 540 Yellow-eared Parrots (Ognorhynchus icterotis) left and their sole habitat is harvested heavily for Palm Sunday.
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) warns that if measures are not taken, the Great Indian Bustard (Ardeotis nigriceps) could be extinct within a decade.
- Sighting of Snipe on Campbell Island is confirmed. It's the first sighting since the early 1800s.
- Wisconsin Bald Eagle being treated for gunshot wounds.
- Female Ferruginous Pygmy Owl (Glaucidium brasilianum) in Arizona travels 150 miles in search of a mate. It's seven times longer than any previously recorded by state researchers. It could be more; the battery in her transmitter died.
(0) Comments • Permalink