- Plans to build a wind farm in the UK's Scottish Highlands is being met with protests. The environmental impact statement conducted by the developer includes dangers to surrounding wildlife. It specifically notes death and breeding pattern disruption of Golden Eagles. The Stop Dunmaglass website has more information on the objections to the project.
- Peregrine Falcon lays egg on the ledge of a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania building. The state has a website and live webcam specifically for her.
- Missouri wildlife law enforcement asking for help from the public to catch eagle killers.
- American Kestrel living in a Tennessee nuclear power plant released. She had gotten into some oil and couldn't fly.
- Utah state officials give thumbs-up to translocation of 70 Greater Sage Grouse to Strawberry Valley. It's good to see these kinds of efforts after the oGreater Sage Grouse was denied ESA protections in January.
- Ten endangered bird species spotted at India's Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park.
- Stuffed Bald Eagle stolen from South Carolina library. It's very rare since Bald Eagles can no longer be legally hunted or mounted.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink