- The Farmland Bird Project launches recovery efforts to help prevent extinction of the UK's Tree Sparrow (Passer montanus) and Corn Bunting (Miliaria calandra).
- Trash collector recovers stuffed Bald Eagle stolen from Newport, Vermont library.
- Australia's Weddin Landcare plans next fox baiting to help protect the endangered Bush Stone-curlew. Land holders are invited to attend the April 6 meeting.
- Poor water quality in Iowa causing possible decline of migrating waterfowl populations.
- Navy and civilian volunteers work together to prepare the Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge for the arrival of the endangered California Least Tern (Sterna antillarum browni).
- Eight endangered Hawaiian Geese (Nesochen sandvicensis) killed by dogs. It's the Hawaii state bird and there's only about 1300 left.
- Bald Eagle makes guest appearance at Southington, Connecticut YMCA's Camp Sloper.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink