- Native Canadian man named prime suspect in slaughtering of 50 Bald Eagles in Canada earlier this year. He's thought to be a part of a much bigger smuggling ring.
- Female Osprey returns to nesting site and finds an unfamiliar male waiting in her nest. There could soon be a showdown...her normal mate should be arriving any day.
- The number of owl deaths in Wisconsin is up. There's a shortage of voles in Canada so they're venturing south looking for food. And they're so intent on hunting that they're not noticing oncoming cars.
- Sage Grouse being netted in Montana to help study mortality rates between hunted and nonhunted populations.
- California family looking for their two parrots after their RV is stolen in Toronto. They're missing a Moluccan Cockatoo and a Sun Conure.
- Pennsylvania birding workshop planned for April 16. It's being sponsored by Audubon Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Game Commission, Wild Resources Conservation Fund, and the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
- Lakeport, California power company relocates Osprey nest to safer location. They did their own research and construction, got approval from the local Audubon Society and government wildlife agencies, and picked up the tab.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink