- Six-year-old Quaker Parrot sings "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". Click on "FeedRoom" on the left for the video.
- Bald Eagle nest cut down with tree in Sartell, Minnesota. There's a $2500 reward for information leading to the conviction of those who cut it down.
- Pair of Peregrine Falcons lays eggs for the fifth consecutive year in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Scoville Zoo in Decatur, Illinois shows off two new American White Pelicans.
- Grant from Swarovski enabling a new reserve in Colombia, helping to save the critically endangered Colorful Puffleg Hummingbird.
- Growth of Jakarta causing pollution and shortage of wetland habitat, threatening hundreds of water bird species.
- County in Virginia passes law to ban the feeding of waterfowl near Leesville and Smith Mountain lakes. The amount of waterfowl has been causing health problems, even leading to the closure of a beach.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink