- Pale Male and Lola acting like they have a new chick! Make sure to visit their site for regular photos and updates.
- Roman Catholic priest in Honduras wins Goldman Environmental Prize for his pressuring of the government to reform its national forest policy. Father Jose Andres Tamayo Cortez plans on using the money to build an ecological center to continue his work.
- Ecuador becomes the first country in the Southern Hemisphere to recognize Important Bird Areas. Their first test will how to deal with longline fishing in the Galapagos Islands National Park.
- Wings of the World in Branson, Missouri opens. It's on the 400-acre site of Talking Rocks Cavern and is home to 120 exotic birds.
- Tasmanian power company modifies electrical towers after eight Wedge-tailed Eagles are found electrocuted.
- Whooping Crane flock in Texas making a comeback. They winter in the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge.
- Pair of Ospreys help wish the RSPB Conwy Reserve in North Wales a Happy 10th Birthday. The reserve has hosted more than 200 species of birds and welcomes over 50,000 visitors a year.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink