- Biologists band four Peregrine Falcon chicks nesting at the Brady Sullivan Tower in Manchester, New Hampshire. It's the fifth year the same pair has nested there. The Audubon Society of New Hampshire has a webcam set up to watch them (Intenet Explorer only).
- The first of three Osprey egg hatches in nest located at Bassenthwaite Lake in Cumbria, England. It's the result of a reintroduction program managed by the Lake District Osprey Project. Check out the webcam to see how the chicks are doing.
- Environmental officials urging extra caution when visting Charles Island in Connecticut. They're trying to avoid disturbance of nesting sites of threatened birds such as the Great Egret and the Glossy Ibis, which may not return if they're chased away.
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds investigating the disappearance of Peregrine Falcon chicks from their nests in the Lothians, Scotland. It's feared they've been stolen.
- Chinese official reports that over 1000 migratory birds have died in western China as a result of avian flu.
- Pennsylvania Game Commission looking for the shooter of an immature Bald Eagle in Clearfield. It was killed with a shotgun. There's a $500 reward for information.
- Foul-mouthed Green-cheeked Amazon Parrot saves man from cottage fire.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink