- Colorado state agency unveils plan to help protect the Greater Sage-Grouse (Centrocercus urophasianus). The State Land Board will spend $120,000 over five years to determine population, ways to protect them, and how to enhance sagebrush and other vegetation that's been reduced by drought and other factors.
- Southern Mississippi birds taking a beating from tropical storms. The Mississippi Coast Audubon Society estimates "we've probably lost half the birds we would normally have during a good season."
- Trucker finds Red-tailed Hawk hopping on one foot on the side of a road in Pennsylvania. He captured it and alerted authorities, who found the hawk was malnourished. They're trying to find out if it's caused by neurologic damage or the West Nile Virus.
- Angelina Jolie's African Grey Parrot throws fits when she's away. It stages hunger strikes and attacks customers in the pet store where she houses it.
- Wisconisn paper mill adopts family of Peregrine Falcons.
- Laramie, Wyoming residents rescue Swainson's Hawk chick after it's blown out of the nest.
- San Salvador parrot helps to foil a robbery.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink