- Public and private groups funding the acquisition of 4462 acres of land to be added to the Big Thicket National Preserve in Texas. The preserve was designated as an International Biosphere Reserve in 1981 and as a Globally Important Bird Area by the American Bird Conservancy in 2001.
- President of the United Arab Emirates donates one hundred falcons to the Abu Dhabi International Hunting and Equestrian Exhibition. The UAE encourages using captive-bred falcons for hunting in a continuing effort to save the dwindling wild falcon population.
- After a week on the lam, Dewey returns home. The Bateleur Eagle (Terathopius ecaudatus) escaped from the Milwaukee County Zoo last Wednesday.
- Red foxes and coastal flooding blamed for New Jersey's population decline of the endangered Piping Plover (Charadrius melodus).
- New species of adenovirus identified in falcons.
(1) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink