- More Bald Eagle remains found. The reward for information leading to the culprits has been increased.
- Blackland Prairie Raptor Center in North Texas launches. The program features live owls, hawks and falcons and aims to increase awareness of the importance of raptors. They have a website, but it currenly only contains the press release.
- Northern Hawk Owl spotted in Iowa. It's quite a rare appearance. The Owl Institute has more info on the bird.
- US Congressman pushes to open up Farallones National Wildlife Refuge. Others oppose the plan, calling it unnecessary and harmful to bird and sea life. More info on the refuge.
- Macaw stops his own theft, but his companion African Greys aren't so lucky.
- "The Raptor Man" Morley Nelson dies at age 88. He was instrumental in saving the Peregrine Falcon from extinction and helped found the World Center for Birds of Prey. His video, "World of Raptors", contains a lot of useful information. Also check out the book about him: "Cool North Wind: Morley Nelson's Life With Birds of Prey".
Page 1 of 1