- Forest Guardians is taking the US Fish and Wildlife Service to federal court, alleging nondisclosure of documents critical to their plan to reintroduce the endangered Aplomado Falcon, which removes essential federal safeguards.
- Populations of some of Britain's woodland birds are plummeting at an alarming rate. Scientists are baffled.
- The critically endangered Kakapo has a chance to add more to the family. After a three-year hiatus, four female Kakapo on an island in New Zealand have laid a total of eight eggs, three believed to be infertile. The Kakapo Recovery Programme has more information on recovery efforts.
- New fund being set up to help protect Bald Eagle habitat along New Hampshire's Merrimack River.
- Balcones Canyonlands Preserve access coming under fire from runners.
(0) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink