- The rare Wetar Ground-dove gets its picture taken for the first time.
- Endangered Florida Grasshopper Sparrow and other birds in danger of being bombed by US Navy planes.
- UK magazine offers reward for most magpies killed. It claims the magpie is responsible for the decline of songbirds. The RSPB says there's no evidence of the assertion and calls the competition "totally inappropriate".
- Frank Bellrose, waterfowl conservationist, dies at age 88. His whole career was spent with the Illinois Natural History Survey. He wrote "Ecology and Management of the Wood Duck" as well as a number of other books. His research into lead pellet poisoning led to the phasing out of lead shot.
- Carolina Raptor Center releases rehabilitated Peregrine Falcon.
- Mystery illness killing Bald Eagles in Sauk Prairie, Wisconsin.
(0) Comments • Permalink